Allergy symptoms vary from person-to-person. They can either develop quickly within a few minutes or over the course of a few hours.
Common symptoms include:
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose, eyes and roof of mouth
- Red and watery eyes
- Congestion that can lead to a headache
- Pressure in the nose and cheeks
- Ear fullness and popping
- Post nasal drip
- Allergic Conjunctivitis:Inflammation of the tissue lining the conjunctiva (eyelids) due to an allergic reaction. When your eyes are exposed to allergens, histamine is released and the blood vessels in the conjunctiva become swollen. This causes your eyes to redden, itch and tear.
- Sinusitis:Inflammation of the air cavities within the passages of the nose. Sinusitis occurs when environmental pollens irritate or infect the nasal passages. Symptoms of sinusitis include pain, congestion and headaches.